Hawks Blank University of Delaware
MURFREESBORO, NC-The Chowan University men's tennis team picked up a 8-1 win over Division I opponent, University of Delaware Wednesday afternoon. The Hawks advanced to 11-6 on the season while, the Blue Hens fell 6-11 overall.
In doubles play, the Hawks Farid Hajizada and Adi Kaliakperov won 8-4 in the number one doubles play over Tyler Flematti and Colin Wong. Mateusz Izycki and Mariano Yeh grabbed up the number two doubles play win over Blaise Casselbury and Venkatesh Ramkumar 8-1, before Rafael Goncalves and Louis Proulx beat Dominick Perez and Roy Cheng 8-4, in the number three doubles match.
In singles play, Wong took the lone win for the Blue Hens over Kaliakperov 6-3, 6-0 in the number one singles match. Hajizada fought for the 6-1, 4-6, 10-4 win over Casselbury, in the number two position. Izycki picked up the number three singles play over Flematti 6-2, 6-0, before Perez fell to Goncalves in the number four singles match 6-3, 6-0. Yeh and Proulx both picked up the number five and sixth singles for the Hawks. Yeh over Ramkumar 7-5, 6-4, and Proulx over Luis Marcano 7-6 (7-1), 6-4.
Chowan will travel to Rocky Mountain, North Carolina for a conference match against Shaw University. Match time is slated for 3:00pm.
Chowan 8, Delaware 1
3/29/2017 at Chowan University (Rose Family Tennis Complex)
1. Colin Wong (DELAWARE) def. KALIAKPEROV,Adi (CU-B) 6-3, 6-0
2. HAJIZADA,Farid (CU-B) def. Blaise Casselbury (DELAWARE) 6-1, 4-6, 10-4
3. IZYCKI,Mateusz (CU-B) def. Tyler Flematti (DELAWARE) 6-2, 6-0
4. GONCALVES,Rafael (CU-B) def. Dominick Perez (DELAWARE) 6-3, 6-0
5. YEH,Mariano (CU-B) def. Venkatesh Ramkumar (DELAWARE) 7-5, 6-4
6. PROULX,Louis (CU-B) def. Luis Marcano (DELAWARE) 7-6 (7-1), 6-4
1. KALIAKPEROV,Adi/HAJIZADA,Farid (CU-B) def. Tyler Flematti/Colin Wong (DELAWARE) 8-4
2. IZYCKI,Mateusz/YEH,Mariano (CU-B) def. Blaise Casselbury/Venkatesh Ramkumar (DELAWARE) 8-1
3. GONCALVES,Rafael/PROULX,Louis (CU-B) def. Dominick Perez/Roy Cheng (DELAWARE) 8-4
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4,3,2,1,6,5)