Faculty Community Service Award Finalists Announced
The Excellence in Faculty Community Service Award is presented annually to a faculty member in recognition of his or her record of service to the university and community. The criteria for the award include:
- involvement with charitable, nonprofit, church, public service, or similar organizations in his or her community;
- dedication to strengthening the spirit of civic engagement;
- commitment toward furthering the practice of service learning;
- participation in the life of the university that transcends professional responsibility; and/or
- contribution of professional expertise in service to the wider community.
The 2016 finalists are:
- Sarah Bonner, Assistant Professor of Library and Information Science
- Lewis Nicholson, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- John Pond, Assistant Professor of Religion
- Aaron Rice, Assistant Professor of Music
- Brenda Tinkham, Professor of Education
The 2016 award recipient will be announced at the Faculty Excellence in Community Service Award Dinner on Tuesday, March 15 at 6:00 p.m. in the Chowan Room.