Hawks Women’s Bowling Opens Season at VUU Invitational
MIDLOTHIAN, Va. – The Chowan Women's Bowling team opened their 2017-18 season at the Virginia Union Invitational in 10th place with a 1-9 record with competition on Friday and Saturday.
Day One | 0-5, Tenth
Day Two | 1-9, Tenth
LOCATION | Midlothian, Va.
INSIDE THE LANES
- The tournament opened on Friday in Baker Play. The Hawks dropped their first match to Coppin State 723-561.
- Virginia Union picked up the second match win over Chowan 710-562, before the Hawks fell to Bowie State 712-503.
- In their fourth match of the day, Elizabeth City State secured the 614-591 win before Chowan slipped to St. Peter's College 932-543.
The Hawks continued the tournament on Saturday in traditional match play.
- Leslie Maloney paced the Hawks in their first match of the day posting a 147 while teammate Jasmine Basnight recorded a 130 for the Blue and White. Chowan fell in their first match to Duquesne 926-593.
- New Jersey City University secured the 764-701 win over the Hawks in match two. Leslie Maloney posted a 176 while Raven Finley-Flowers tallied a 145.
- Chowan lost match three to Mount Aloysius College 800-651. Jasmine Basnight and Leslie Maloney bowled a 142 and 140 respectively.
- The Hawks recovered in game four 749-723 over Virginia State. Leslie Maloney carded a team high of 179 while Raven Finley-Flowers and Kailah Herbin each posted a 156 for the win.
- Chowan fell to Elizabeth City in their final game on Saturday, 631-609.
The Hawks will conclude the third and final day of competition at the Virginia Union Invite on Sunday with Traditional play.