CU Women’s Soccer Produces Top-Five NCAA Turnaround
MURFREESBORO, N.C. – The Chowan University Women's Soccer Program was announced by the NCAA of having a top-five best turnaround during the 2016 season among Division II Women's programs.
Chowan posted an 8-6-2 season during the 2016 campaign improving from a 1-12-2 season a year ago. The turnaround was marked as tied for the third best improvement in the nation at 6.5 match difference.
Along with the increase in wins, the program turnaround several categories:
- Scored 34 goals compared to 7 goals in 2015.
- Allowed only 16 goals compared to 56 goals in 2015.
- Produced 19 assists compared to 4 assists in 2015.
- Went 5-1-0 at home compared to 1-6-1 in 2015.
- Received a D2CCA All-Atlantic Region Selection and NCCSIA All-State Selection in Rebekah Beal.
During the 2016 season, the program produced the highest winning total in the program's Division II history. The all-time mark in program history in any division is 13 wins during the 2004 campaign.
The Hawks will enter their first season as associate members of the Conference Carolinas for the 2017 season and will be eligible for Conference Carolinas Postseason play and conference awards.