Required Student Self-Isolation
The below message was shared with the campus via Chowan email:
Students, Faculty & Staff,
We have made it eleven weeks into the semester due to your continued diligence in following the COVID-19 protocols. The procedures we have in place are to protect the University. We must continue to take steps to protect the health and safety of our campus and the campus community.
While our active positive cases on campus remain low, the number of students in isolation has risen. Out of an abundance of caution, Dr. Peterson, with consultation from the Senior Team and our medical personnel, has decided that all students* will be required to be in isolation beginning at midnight tonight (November 4th) through Sunday, November 15th.
During this isolation period:
- Classes will continue and will be delivered online.
- You should remain in your residence hall with the exception to get fresh air, a meal from an on-campus dining facility, or to exercise on an individual basis.
- Dining services will provide take-out service during normally scheduled hours.
- The Jenkins Center will be closed during the isolation period.
- The Hawks Nest will be closed during the isolation period for student activities, Murfs will remain open.
- Whitaker Library and computer labs will remain open.
The University is not closing the campus; however, this is a necessary step to protect our campus, our students, our faculty, our staff, and this place.
*Any student who has been placed in quarantine or isolation by University medical professionals must continue to follow the specific guidelines you were given. These students will receive a separate email from Residence Life reiterating the specific guidelines.
Faculty and Staff should continue to follow the University COVID-19 Employee Protocols. Any questions should be directed to your supervisor/Vice President.
Wearing your mask, washing your hands, practicing social distancing, and completing CampusClear are vital to our campus community health. It is imperative that we continue these practices so that we can continue the semester. Our continued care for self, others, and place shows our commitment to remaining Chowan strong, and safer together.
The University administration will continue to monitor the situation and provide further instructions, as needed. Students, faculty, and staff should continue to monitor their Chowan email for additional updates.