Faile Receives Teaching Award
Apr 29, 2016 by Staff Reports
Garth Faile, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, is the recipient of the 2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching Award. The recipient of the award is selected by his or her faculty colleagues. The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Is the faculty member available during office hours and beyond?
- Is the faculty member conscientious and dedicated to his/her profession and to his/her students?
- Is the faculty member known for his/her effectiveness as an instructor and for creative and innovative classroom technique?
- Does the faculty member relate positively to other faculty members and to students?
- Does the faculty member continue to grown professionally?
- Is the faculty member a good role model?
- Is the faculty member concerned about participating in and/or attending extracurricular activities associated with the University?