2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching Finalists
The finalists for the 2015-2016 Excellence in Teaching Award are:
- Garth D. Faile (1971), Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Paul R. "Trey" Gilliam (2011), Assistant Professor of Religion
- Mary Ann Howell (2006), Instructor in Information Systems
- Jennifer Z. Place (2008), Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Patsy W. Taylor (1991), Associate Professor of Marketing
The recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award is chosen by his or her colleagues on the faculty of the University. Selection is based on such factors as:
- dedication to the profession and to students,
- effectiveness as a teacher,
- continued professional growth,
- availability to students,
- participation in the university’s program of extracurricular activities, and
- relationship with colleagues and students.
The University presents the recipient with a cash award and a certificate. In addition, he or she serves as the Chief Faculty Marshal during the next academic year.
The 2015-2016 recipient will be announced during the Employees Recognition Program on Friday, April 29 and again during the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 7.