Yes We Must Coalition
Chowan University has been a member of the Yes We must Coalition since 2014. Founded in 2010, it is made up of thirty-six private, non-profit colleges and universities whose undergraduate enrollment includes fifty percent or more Pell-eligible students. The Yes We Must Coalition strives to increase degree attainment of lowincome students. Specifically, its goals are to:
- Contribute to the attainment of the national goal to increase the number of students achieving college degrees.
- Be a national voice to advocate for students from low-income backgrounds and the role of institutions and organizations that effectively serve them.
- Work collaboratively to improve graduation rates for low-income students.
- Develop valid measurements for demonstrating the college success of low-income students.
- Disseminate information, data, and models of success for low-income students.
- Leverage resources to increase degree attainment of low-income students.
- Secure funding to support the mission and goals of the Yes We Must Coalition.