Office of Advancement
One University Place
Murfreesboro, NC 27855
Murfreesboro, NC 27855
Chowan Fund: Faith in Chowan’s Future
Why call it the Chowan Fund?
Because this fund directly impacts the growth of the Chowan community, which includes students, faculty, staff, and friends like you. To better represent this immediate relationship, a new name was in order. The Chowan Fund supports the heart and soul of the university, enabling us to better facilitate “Faith in Your Future” for our students.
Your gift to the Chowan Fund supports our greatest needs and helps Chowan University bloom.
Why use the Southern Magnolia?
Because the Southern Magnolia represents hospitality and family. Its roots are deep and nourishing, like the rich history of Chowan University. Its flowers are fragrant and blooming, just as the University continues to blossom and grow. Chowan’s fiscal year runs from June 1 to May 31.
Why Should I Give?
Because I have faith in the future of Chowan University and its students
Because Chowan University students deserve the best education, experiences, and opportunities
Because my gift will combine with thousands of others to make an immeasurable difference
Because someone at Chowan believed in me once, and it helped me learn to believe in myself
Because my gift can help make a great University even better
Because we all benefit from thoughtful, values-driven, well-educated citizens
Because there is a tradition that each succeeding generation turns around and helps the one behind it; I benefited from that tradition, even in ways I didn’t know at the time. Now, it’s my turn to give back.
What difference does my gift make?
Plenty. No matter the size, your gift to the Chowan Fund combined with many others supports Chowan’s greatest needs and shapes many successful stories on campus through the following:
- Program operating funds
- Technology upgrades
- Classroom equipment
- Career planning resources
- Faculty support
- Students Scholarships and fellowships
- Library acquisitions
- Facility renovations
- Modern learning and teaching environments
- Offset new building costs
We are incredibly grateful for the support we receive from each and every donor at any level. As a small way of expressing our deep gratitude donors are recognized annually in The Annual Report at the following levels:
- The 1848 Society – $1,000,000 or more during a donor’s lifetime
- Lux Et Veritas Society – $500,000 to $999,999 during a donor’s lifetime
- Golden Hawks – $100,000 – $499,999 during a donor’s lifetime
- Chancellor’s Club – $100,000 or more annually
- McDowell Club – $50,000 – $99,999 annually
- Chairman’s Club – $10,000 – $49,999 annually
- Founders Club – $2,500 – $9,999 annually
- President’s Club – $1,000 – $2,499 annually
- Columns Club – $500 – $999 annually
- Lakeside Club – $250 – $499 annually
- Century Club – $100 – $249 annually
- Friends of Chowan – Up to $99 annually
- University Club – Gifts of $1,000 or more annually
- Legacy Society – Gifts given through Estate Planning
- Talon Club – Young Alumni First-Time Giving Club