Welcome to Friends of Teacher Education
The purpose of the Chowan Friends of Teacher Education (CFTE) is to provide scholarship assistance to students preparing to be teachers. The CFTE began in May 2008 when friends felt the need to help provide financial assistance for Teacher Education students. Out of their dream, vision, and commitment has come a passion for sharing in educating and preparing future teachers.
Membership in the CFTE is open to dedicated individuals who are interested in and committed to helping students fulfill their calling to the teaching profession. For more information, contact Brenda Tinkham, Dean of the School of Education & Professional Studies at email@example.com or (252) 398-6304.
Friends of Teacher Education Scholarship
The Friends of Teacher Education Scholarship is given by the generosity of the Chowan Friends of Teacher Education (CFTE) and is awarded to full-time students who have been accepted to Chowan University and have declared Teacher Education as their major. Recipients must be students preparing to become teachers and maintain the highest ethical standards.
Application requirements for the Teacher Education Scholarship include:
- Minimum 2.7 GPA (Documentation Required: Unofficial Transcript)
- Two listed references (include name, position, address, phone number, email address, relationship to applicant)
- Meet one of the following minimum scoring requirements:
- SAT: Composite score 1170 (Reading and Writing 600, Mathematics 570)
- ACT: Composite score 24
- Praxis CORE Scores: Reading:156, Writing:162, Math:150, Composite: 468
- Documentation Required: Copy of Test Scores
- 1-2 Page Essay on Your Goals for Teaching (include: why and how you first considered teaching as a career, why you have decided to teach, how you will be a positive influence on students, why teaching matters, and a conclusion).
March 1st – Applicants who are currently enrolled
May 1st – New Students
For more information regarding the Friends of Teacher Education Scholarship, please contact Brenda Tinkham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (252) 398-6304.