Before entering your request:
- Please double-check that our library does not own the item you are requesting.
- For articles: Use Journal Finder to see our holdings for specific journal or newspaper titles.
- For books, videos, etc.: Search the library's Online Catalog.
Things to remember when using interlibrary loan:
- Allow 2-3 weeks for processing and shipping time when requesting an item. Most requests are filled within 10 calendar days, but this is never guaranteed.
- Providing as much information as possible when asking for an item will help us process your request faster and more efficiently.
- Manuscripts, rare books and audio-visual materials may take longer than the suggested 2-3 weeks, as many libraries do not lend such items.
- As the borrowing library, we are bound to abide by the lending library's due date and other restrictions.
- Interlibrary loan items may be renewed, but requests for such should be made at least 3 to 4 days before the item is due.
- Interlibrary loan is a service that is provided free of charge to the Chowan University community. This includes students, faculty, staff, and members of college administration.
Questions? Call the circulation desk at (252) 398-6212.