Friends of Whitaker Library Faculty Award
A full time faculty member of Chowan University is selected by the Whitaker Library staff to receive the Friends of the Library Faculty Award.
Nominations will be made to the Director of Library Services based on the following:
- Faculty member is an active user of Chowan University Library
- Encourages students to use the resources available in the library through his/her syllabus and assignments
- Makes use of bibliographic instruction resources
- Selects materials to strengthen the library collection in support of the curriculum
Selection will be made by a committee consisting of the staff of Whitaker Library and two faculty members who are the most recent recipients of the award.
The FOL Faculty Award will consist of a $500 total prize. $400 shall be used to purchase materials for his/her academic area for the Whitaker Library Collection and the remaining $100 may be used to purchase materials for his/her personal library.
Announcement of the Friends of Whitaker Library Faculty Award shall be made at the annual Edible Book Contest. The first Faculty Award was given in 2005.
- 2013- Carolyn Phillips, Department of Visual Art
- 2012- Dr. Gregory Taylor, Department of History
- 2011- Dr. Carolyn Modlin, Department of Teacher Education
- 2010- Dr. Emily Isaacson, Department of Language and Literature
- 2009 - Dr. John Dilustro, Department of Biology
- 2008 - Dr. Wendy Dower, Department of Language and Literature
- 2007 - Mrs. Jayne Wolfskill, Department of Teacher Education
- 2006 - Mr. Steven Harders, Department of Language and Literature
- 2005 – Dr. Larry Frazier, Department of Religion and Philosophy