Chowan helps parents and students with financial planning. Understanding what the costs are, including tuition and fees, room expenses, and books can be confusing. We are here to help you.
Chowan can provide individual access and assistance for all students to afford the education they deserve.
Scholarships, grants, loans, payment plans, and part-time employment in our work-study programs make it affordable. (You can receive up to 6-years of financial assistance!)
Live outside of NC? No problem. Out-of-state residents do not pay out-of-state tuition!
Want more info about scholarships? Complete the information request form or schedule your visit and meet with the financial planning office.
- Chowan Merit Scholarships:
- President's Scholarship worth $27,200 over four years.
(That's $6,800 a year!)
- Alumni Scholarship worth $21,200 over four years.
(That's $5,300 a year!)
- University Scholarship worth $16,800 over four years.
(That's $4,200 a year!)
- Opportunity Award worth $13,600 over four years.
(That's $3,400 a year!)
- Chowan Scholarships
Leadership Scholarship Day is your chance to earn a valuable scholarship! Chowan University wants to invest in rising student leaders like you. Scholarship recipients are leaders in their school, community, sports teams, and churches. You could be eligible for one of the three Chowan Scholarships:
- Leadership Scholarship worth $24,000 over four years.
(That’s $6,000 a year!)
- Dean’s Scholarship worth $12,000 over four years.
(That’s $3,000 a year!)
- Trustee Scholarship worth $4,000 over four years.
(That’s $1,000 a year!)
You are eligible for the Leadership Scholarship if you are an incoming student with at least a 2.7 grade point average and are involved in a leadership role. You are eligible for the Deanís and Trustee Scholarships if you are an incoming student whose application for admission is accepted into Chowan University.
*You must be admitted to Chowan University before applying for the Leadership Scholarship.
- NC Baptist Scholarship
NC Baptist Scholarship Program: The Baptist State Convention of NC believes in the value of Christian higher education and budgets Cooperative Program dollars for the North Carolina Baptist Scholarship Program. The NC Baptist Scholarship is renewable for a maximum of 4 years. Once the scholarship has been received, the student must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Membership in a church that is in friendly cooperation with the Baptist State Convention of NC (one year minimum student membership).
- Complete the on-line application (Click here for more application info). This includes an approximate 300 word personal testimony and an approximate 600 word answer to this question: "Explain why the Cooperative Program is relevant to today's generation".
Note: Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the student's pastor (or his designee) on church letterhead. Mail the letter to the Scholarship Office, Baptist State Convention, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512.
- Chowan Athletic Scholarships - Click here for more information.
- Must meet NCAA Division II eligibility requirements.
- Chowan Christian Service Association - Click here to apply online
- Complete the Online CCSA Scholarship Application
- Must seek a vocation in ministry
- Chowan University Performance Scholarships
- An audition is required
- Contact Dr. Gregory Parker, Chair, Department of Music, at email@example.com
- North Carolina Need Based Scholarship (NCNBS)
The North Carolina Need Based Scholarship (NCNBS) program is available for North Carolina residents who qualify. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. You must complete the FAFSA in order to be considered.
- Hispanic College Fund
The Hispanic College Fund Scholars Program includes multiple scholarship programs which you can read about by clicking here. Each program has different requirements and deadlines. Once you complete your applications, HCF will match you to the scholarship program which fits you best.
- Maintain a 3.0 Grade Point Average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Reside in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a current or rising undergraduate (some programs accept grad. students) student or a high school senior enrolling at a college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Be Hispanic
- Luther H. Butler Student Loan
Students may receive up to $12,000 in a subsidized loan per school year through the North Carolina Baptist Foundation. For more information go to Butler Student Alternative Loan.
- Pell Grants, Student Loans, and other federal and state
- Register for your PIN number at www.pin.ed.gov
- After receiving your PIN number, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) at www.fafsa.gov , Chowan University's school code is 002916
- The Financial Aid or Admissions Office will notify you of your financial aid award within one week of receiving your completed FAFSA